Subject: Re: CVS commit: src
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: dustin sallings <dustin@spy.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/16/1999 19:18:17
On Tue, 16 Mar 1999, Jonathan Stone wrote:

// No disagreement over myname and mygate. I've been wanting to rework
// /etc/netstart (and its config files) into an /etc/rc.if (bring up
// interfaces), a` la sunos, for years.

	Just *please* don't make it work the same way FreeBSD did it.
Network configuration in FreeBSD just absolutely pissed me off.  By
default, the ``machine's IP address'' is in rc.conf (or something like
that).  Not only was it hard to find, but it was hard to get it to work a
different way (i.e. netstart.local whence I run dhclient).

--
Principal Member Technical Staff, beyond.com    The world is watching America,
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>