Subject: linking and unlinking
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Nigel Reed <nigel@nelgin.nu>
List: current-users
Date: 03/15/1999 23:53:13
We had a problem at work the other day where some idiot decided he'd move
/lib to /old_lib on a HP-UX machine. (no comments please!)

We found that HP-UX has /etc/link and /etc/unlink which can be used to
link /old_lib to /lib and then unlink /old_lib without requiring crt0 or
dld.sl and whatever else HP-UX requires.

I just wondered if NetBSD has a similar safeguard which can be used in such
events, and if not - it'd be nice to have one.

Thought I'd just bounce the idea here to see if anyone had any comments (and
no, my C coding isn't much past Hello World so I can't do it myself!)

Regards
Nigel