Subject: Re: Who's going to IETF? (Social events)
To: Paul B Dokas <dokas@cs.umn.edu>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/1999 00:40:00
>How about a NetBSD get together for a meal/drinks.  Personally, I'd
>recommend Thai at Sawatdee (it's about 8 blocks from the hotel and yes,
>they serve vegetarian dishes)  It might not be as good as some of the
>Thai you can get on the left-coast, but for the midwest, it's really
>pretty darn good.

I think we're pretty much all up for it (especially those whiney
vegetarians) ... do you want to do it in lieu of the social?  (at
the same time, I mean).  Is it accessable via the skywalk?

>Why Camp Snoopy was choosen I'll never understand.  It's just an over-
>grown mall.  There are *far* too many really great things to do in
>Minneapolis.  Going to a mall (~15 miles away from the hotel I might
>add) is about the last thing that I'd choose to do.

Judging from when the social was announced, I think they were scrambling
to come up with something at the last minute.

--Ken