Subject: Re: Platform support for Hitachi Risc Processors SH1, SH2, SH3
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@itojun.org>
List: current-users
Date: 03/12/1999 13:12:19
>Has there been any discussion on supporting embedded processors like:
>	Hitachi SH1, SH2, SH3
>	IDT MIPs processors

	Hitachi SH3 support is ongoing.
	Brains Inc. have ported NetBSD 1.3.1 to their product called "mmEye".
	mmEye has 100MHz SH3, video capturing device, two PCMCIA slots
	(one for ATA flash memory and one for network - usually Ethernet)
	and works as web-camera device.
	The company kindly decided to donate the code to NetBSD project, and
	several volunteers are working locally on cleanups and to catch up to
	NetBSD-current.  After that we hope to merge the code into the
	NetBSD repository.

	If you are coming to IETF, I'll be there; catch me in the terminal
	room.

	URLs: (most of them are in Japanese, sorry)
	Brains Inc.	http://www.brains.co.jp/
	mmEye		http://www.brains.co.jp/mmeye/index.html
	mmEye webcam demo
		http://202.230.85.39/