Subject: Re: Open Sound System on NetBSD 1.3.3 or current?
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
From: Zdenek Salvet <salvet@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 03/10/1999 08:39:22
> 	Hello folks.  I was looking at the web pages for the Open Sound System
> software yesterday and noticed that they claim it works under NetBSD 1.3.3.
> Does anyone have any experience using it uner NetBSD/I386 1.3.x or
> NetBSD/I386 1.3-current that they would care to share?  I'd like to use it
> with aumix to record audio files from my turntable for convrsion to CD.
> Anyone bought the commercial copy?

I have bought the commercial copy, it works great with my ESS1868-based
soundcard both for playback and recording (not tried full duplex).
I have used it with 1.3.2 initially, now I run -current kernel
(12/12/1998, 1.3I). For -current, you must compile kernel with Mach VM,
i.e. comment out UVM and PMAP_NEW in /sys/arch/i386/conf/std.i386
(UVM can't be switched off in config file).

--
Zdenek Salvet                                              salvet@ics.muni.cz
Ustav vypocetni techniky Masarykovy univerzity, Brno