Subject: Re: NFS-related freezes in recent -currents?
To: David Forbes" , "Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
From: Scott Ellis <scotte@warped.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/09/1999 15:18:46
On a 1.3K i386 system (kernel and userland from March 3rd), I am (well, was
till I stopped doing it!) seeing the similar hangs using amd (the
automounter relies on the NFS client in the kernel, no?).  The system would
work for cd'ing around, futzing with files manually, etc...but doing a
build, or accessing larger files (copying between machines from an amd
mounted dir) would hang the system.

I didn't feel like debugging, so I just un-amd'ed the system, and mount
things manually again. ;-)