Subject: Short: watch your libs.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Segmentation Violation. Core dumped. <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/09/1999 11:41:19
Just a word of warning: if you putz around with a couple different versions
of (most specifically) third-party items and suddenly they fail with
unresolved symbols at run time, check your lib versions and make sure
they're correct (this is easiest if you have another machine or someone
willing to take a look at it for you).  I notice we don't link our
.so libs to .so.$version, to .so.$version.$release.$branch and so on
for the most part, though this does happen with some of them set in
$X11BASE.   Make sure your lib(.*).so points to the right lib$1.so.$version.

				--*greywolf;
--
"Your chief has even inscribed his name on the sole of my boot."