Subject: abnormal interrupt on de LAN interface
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/26/1999 19:00:30
After upgrading my i386 -current system from Jan 22 to todays sources,
one of the de Ethernet interfaces (de0) has stopped working. A second de
interface (de1) is working fine.

de0 is directly connected to a cable modem, de1 is connected to a DLink
10/100 hub.

The interface gets probed as it did with the Jan 22 sources, the only
difference in the kernel config file is the removal of pcvt and the
addition of wscons.

With the Jan 22 kernel, I used to get a 'de0: enabling 10baseT port'
messages immediately after the biosmask message (which BTW, is the same for
both kernels), now I get 'de0: abnormal interrupt: receive process
stopped' a little bit later on and the link enable light on the cable
modem stays off.

from the kernel probes:
de0 at pci0 dev 11 function 0
de0: interrupting at irq 7
de0: SMC 21041 [10Mb/s] pass 2.1
de0: address 00:e0:29:0e:f7:99
de1 at pci0 dev 12 function 0
de1: interrupting at irq 11
de1: 21140A [10-100Mb/s] pass 2.2
de1: address 00:80:c8:75:55:12

/usr/src/sys/dev/pci/if_de.c has not changed since Nov 10, so I am at a
loss to explain what is going on, can anyone help?

--
Andreas Wrede              Planix, Inc.
andreas@planix.com         Networking, System Administration, Consulting