Subject: Re: machine rebooting
To: Kevin M. Lahey <kml@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Harry W. Waddell <waddell@caravan.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/23/1999 16:58:52
On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, Kevin M. Lahey wrote:

> I'm still not *totally* convinced that it isn't hardware;  these are
> moderately funky SuperMicro Pentium Pro motherboards with I2O and 256MB
> of RAM.  I'll try to reproduce this on some other hardware.
>
> Just another "Me, too",

Yet another "me too". Using ab and apache, using localhost w/o keepalives,
10000 transfers with 10 clients, my ASUS Super socket 7 board spontaneously
reboots as well. The only clue that impending doom was about to occur is the
occasional "out of socket buffers" message that ab returns when it fails. If I
then restart the ab, it reboots, bypassing ddb. netstat -m has not shown
anything out of the ordinary. I haven't filed a bug report yet because I've
been hoping that you[kml] or I might find something more concrete to report.

In short, I don't think that it's hardware.