Subject: machine rebooting
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/23/1999 12:36:13
	I was doing tons of network stuff on my laptop yesterday testing
my VPN against a Solaris machine.  According to ppstats, I was mainting
between 200 and 270k/s.  The bottleneck was my laptop's CPU, but that's a
different subject.

	Today, I start the VPN, do a couple things over it, and run my
websplat application and the machine reboots.

	Actually, I just figured out the difference while I was typing
this...  websplat by default tries to make as many connections as it can
to a web server and issue queries.  I was limiting it to two yesterday for
my tests.  Today, I forgot that option...  After it gets going a little,
the machine completely freezes up and reboots.  No core or anything.  Is
there any possible way to figure out what it's doing here?  I can't think
that this is a good behavior for PPP.  My kernel is dated 1/12/1999.

	Would a new kernel build help me (better question would be, would
it hurt me since I can't build userland on this machine)?

--
SA, beyond.com           My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>