Subject: Re: wscons & xfree
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: None <drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: current-users
Date: 02/23/1999 15:19:10
jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi said:
> 1. How do I define Alt-Key combinations in the wscons keymap?  I'm
> trying
>    to add support for Finnish keyboards in wscons, but I didn't find
> an
>    example of handling the Alt key combinations.

You can map chars to "altgr" which is the right Alt key
on german keyboards. It's just one more entry in the list
of keysyms assigned to a key - see the german keymap for
an example.

> 2. How do I get the same keymap in XFree?  Currently, XFree is using the
>    "default" US keymap although wscons has my very preliminary Finnish
>    keymap.

X is completely independant - it only gets raw keyboard
scancodes for now. You have to find an X way - xmodmap
or the xkb extension -- I'm clueless about X.

> 3. Thanks!

No sweat!

best regards
Matthias