Subject: Re: Oracle & linux
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 02/18/1999 11:57:45
David Brownlee wrote:
> 	This just in - frowarded by a friend on an oracle list.
> 	Anyone using the oracle linux binary under emulation who could
> 	respond?

I'm using client part (sqlplus) for developing based on Oracle/WebDB. I wrote
a small front-end in Python so that I can program easily and it
works quite nice for me. I'm happy to get rid of that sucky windoze thing
for my work :)

I haven't try to use the db engine though (I'm pretty happy with our
SGI machine).  We need to emulate Linux's getcwd(2) IIRC.

Jarda
--
Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>	http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?