Subject: Re: xcopilot
To: dustin sallings <dustin@spy.net>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/16/1999 22:13:16
dustin sallings wrote:

> On 16 Feb 1999, Nathan J. Williams wrote:
>
> [[ xcopilot problems deleted ]]
> // a pile of processes is normal). I fixed the coring issues with the
> // patch found in patches/patch-ac.
>
> 	Is this patch applied by default?  I wasn't paying attention.  I'm
> kind of curious as to why I couldn't read the core...gdb didn't recognize
> it as being a core file at all, and file just said it was ``data.''
>
> // 	What architecture are you running on? I had it working on i386
> // and utterly failing on the Alpha (some ugly-looking 64-bit issues),
> // and have reason to believe it should work on other NetBSD platforms.
> // Also, are you using ROMs downloaded from the device, or the debug
> // ROMs from Palm, or something else?
>
> 	NetBSD 1.3I on i386.  I'm using the debug ROMs.  I'd gladly use
> the one on my Palm III, but I don't know how to get it off if it.  :)
> I'm pretty new with this device.

Use the pilot-link package in pkgsrc/comms/pilot-link - there's a
program called pi-getrom which should do what you want.

I haven't tried the pkgsrc xcopilot, but I've got an older version
(0.6.4) working fine on NetBSD/i386 1.3.3 with PalmOS1, PalmOS2 and
PalmOS3 ROMs (I haven't got the debug ROMs from 3com).  I'll try the
pkgsrc version on my i386 1.3I machine at work tomorrow.

Simon.