Subject: Re: Who's going to IETF?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@texas.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/14/1999 13:18:34
On Sat, Feb 13, 1999 at 10:37:41PM -0800, Paul Newhouse wrote:
> South side downtown Minneapolis.  You can probably take the bus to
> the University area (straight east at the river ... see Mapblast).
> You'll need a car for all the other places I mentioned.  Oh, well.

One caveat: If you're gonna drive somewhere, get *complete* directions
before you go. The twin Cities are the worst place I've ever been as far as
finding your way around goes; it's not uncommon to have the same street name
(ex. Hennepin) used four separate times, for four separate streets, none of
which have anything in the slightest to do with each other. The best bet I
found was to call the place you're going and ask, explaining that you're not
from the area. They seem to get that enough that they're used to it. Of
course, my Texas accent probably helped...

...Jay, wishing he could go just so he could go to Lindey's again