Subject: Has ep driver changed recently?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 02/12/1999 22:40:17
As of... Um... A couple days ago, anyway, kernels I build now tend to give
me the message "ep0: adapter failure (ffff)" near the end of my shutdown,
after disks are synced and unmounted. Since it happens after this, I don't
lose any data, but the system does seem to hang at that point.

A kernel I built this past Sunday or Monday (the 7th or 8th of this month)
didn't exhibit this behaviour.

I'll be happy to provide whatever assistance I can to help find this.

My system: AMD K6 (i386), running a kernel build yesterday and userland built
on the 6th, with a couple tiny tweaks that don't relate to this.

The ep0 in question is:

ep0 at isapnp0 port 0x210/16 irq 3
ep0: 3Com 3C509B EtherLink III
ep0: address 00:10:4b:02:0d:fc, 8KB byte-wide FIFO, 5:3 Rx:Tx split
ep0: 10baseT (default 10baseT)

Thanks in advance. I'll send a PR with this information if the answer isn't
obvious to someone.

--
Mason Loring Bliss             ((  "In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams
mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  ))  build  their nest  with fragments  dropped