Subject: multiple wscons terminals
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/09/1999 09:08:13
I hope this is a -current question, and not an -alpha one:

I recently installed the January snapshot on an alpha I've got at my
other job, and it's working pretty nicely.  The alpha port has come a
long way since the last time I tried it; very nice.

However, I'd really like to get multiple virtual terminals running on
the console.  It's using wscons, so I'd think it would be able to do
that, since I know the i386 can.  I would also think the kernel
options would be approximately the same, in order to produce the same
behavior.  Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case.

The snapshot doesn't include wsconscfg, so I've been thinking of
upgrading to a -current kernel and trying that.

Any pointers?

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                          cjones@honors.montana.edu