Subject: Re: Who's accessing my disk?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: dustin sallings <dustin@spy.net>
List: current-users
Date: 02/07/1999 13:13:25
On Sun, 7 Feb 1999, Jukka Marin wrote:

// I think some linux version has done this and the man page calls it a
// BUG.
//
// I don't think the same bug should be implemented on NetBSD.. ;)

	I don't have any Linux machines, so I can't read this man page.
Why would this be a bug?  It makes a lot of sense to me.  It'd also be
nice if batch jobs could run *immediately* like they do on other OSes I
use.  Waiting for cron to run an atrun is too long for an ``at now,'' IMO.
cron and at are similar enough tasks that you don't really need two
different things doing them.

--
Principal Member Technical Staff, beyond.com    The world is watching America,
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <dustin@spy.net>