Subject: Re: binutils 2.9.1 TESTERS NEEDED
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/05/1999 12:58:58
On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Jonathan Stone wrote:

: ld.new and gas.new aren't built by default anymore on mips platforms,
: though: was that an oversight?

No; deliberate.  I want to know they're completely tested before reenabling.
:)

: One fix needed for mips turns off the warnings for elf symbol types
: `changing' during a link. Without this, ld emits a warning for every
: program that references _gp_disp (he symbol type changes from 1 to 3)
: , and for every(?) forward reference to a function (changes from 1 to
: 2).  (Erik Bertelsen ran into this; the same problem exists in stock
: Cygnus binutils-2.9.1, and hte maintainer says it's a holdover
: from development debugging.
: Here's a patch that shuts up the known-harmless cases.

OK, great.  I'll add and reenable gas & ld for mips.

(BTW, does gdb work with the updated bfd, too?  How about gprof, which was
deliberately turned off?  These need to be checked & turned on...)