Subject: IDE ZIP Problem...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/05/1999 13:43:27
My NetBSD-current (as of Jan 30) recognizes my IDE ZIP drive as:

wd0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 1: <IOMEGA ZIP 100>
wd0: drive supports 1-sector pio transfers, lba addressing
wd0: 0MB, 512 cyl, 12 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 0 sectors
wd0: 32-bits data port

(notice the number of sectors that is slightly off...)

I haven't been able to mount a ZIP disk on this machine yet.
Is this a NetBSD problem or should I start fiddling some more
with the BIOS settings on this machine. Any hints appreciated.
I wonder whether this ZIP should be recognized as wd0 at all,
I more or less expected sd0 (ATAPI drive).

Feico.