Subject: Re: Suggestion: keep binary data out of /etc
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 02/04/1999 22:00:19
>>>>> "Frederick" == Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com> writes:

Frederick> I also have a genericstable.db and virtusertable.db on a
Frederick> couple of machines. To move those would require our
Frederick> sendmail build to diverge sharply from other Un*xen.

Hmm.  I've got a couple of machines running sendmail 8.9.1, and it
likes to put those in /etc/mail.  The sendmail docs claim that all the
other files are eventually going to get moved into there, too.

I think I don't like the idea of putting some of these on /var, but
/etc/db sounds like kind of a good idea.

Chris

--
Chris Jones                                          cjones@honors.montana.edu