Subject: Re: X problems
To: None <matthieu@laas.fr>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 02/04/1999 15:46:49
Matthieu Herrb wrote:
> You may try with `option "noaccel"' in the "Device" section of your
> /etc/XF86Config file. If this fixes the problem, it is caused by
> XFree86 an acceleration bug.

That may even solve problem I am seeing. When I start kdm from rc.local
and login to X, the keyboard locks solid after a while. If I kill
kdm and start it again, there is no problem any more.

It's happening on two different X servers (SVGA & S3) though. Both machines
run about the same -current kernel as of 19991018 or so (with
the last interactive performance changes) and I'm using wscons.

I'll try :)

Jarda
--
Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>	http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?