Subject: Re: fxp0: device timeout
To: Brian C. Grayson <bgrayson@orac.ece.utexas.edu>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 02/03/1999 19:51:00
Try
	ifconfig fxp0 down
	ifconfig fxp0 up

If that makes it go, there might be a common problem somewhere in the
kernel, since I have to do that once in a while on my 1.3I machine of
around two weeks ago.  I'm using the de driver, though.

On the 1.3I machine I have, I can't even _get_ fxp0 to work
correctly.  My guess is a multicast packet received will kill it, but
I don't know.  The machine boots, stays up for under 30 seconds, then
locks up.  The OSPF packets on the network just happen to be every 30
seconds, and it locks _right_ after receiving one.  And no, I'm not
running gated or routed.

--Michael