Subject: Re: NetBSD/i386 Jan 31 1999 snapshot
To: None <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: current-users
Date: 02/03/1999 16:10:01
> > I untarred the snapshot and ended up with a machine that had no
> > getty running on the console and no network configured...... :)
>
> So you got a kernel with wscons (does this mean the snapshot's
> GENERIC is already the -current one?).

A snapshot is to the best of my knowledge always built from the
-current sources as of the date the build started...  (Unless it's a
beta test snapshot built on a release branch, which this one isn't.)

> Look at -current's etc/etc.i386/ttys prototype. (I changed this
> later, so perhaps the shapshot came in-between?)

Yep, the snapshot source date was January 31st, the ttyE* entries
were added to ttys on February 2nd.

Regards,

- H=E5vard