Subject: i386 snapshot 990131
To: Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 02/03/1999 13:34:46
Having problems with the i386 snapshot of Jan 31:

- When I start an xterm, I can only type with CAPS ON (ie. everything works
  as if capslock was on.).  Hitting capslock does not help (the capslock LED
  goes on and off, but wscons (or whatever) doesn't obey it).

- When I click on the logout button in KDE, KDE asks if I want to log out
  (ok), but when I click OK, the system locks up.  Hard disk LED stays on
  and I can no longer ping the machine (so it's completely dead).  I have to
  power off to get the machine up again.  I have 48 MB of RAM and 256 MB
  of swap (on a separate partition), so I'm not running out of memory, at
  least.

- I can't switch between virtual consoles.  Alt-ctrl-Fn doesn't work.  Does
  wsconsole use some other key combination?

- On my laptop (ThinkPad 310E), when XFree blanks the screen, the backlight
  stays on.  When I boot the machine in single user mode, the screen saver
  turns off the backlight as well.  Any ideas how I could make XFree do the
  same?

Thanks!

  -jm