Subject: Re: DVD drives
To: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/26/1999 21:58:21
On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Bob Nestor wrote:

: I thought DVD-ROM disks had more capacity than CDRs and CD-RWs.  If so
: wouldn't this be a probem?  As far as I know there are no switches in
: either mkisofs or mkhybrid to specify the size of the target volume, and
: I know from personal experience both programs will complain if the output
: is larger than about 650Meg.

mkisofs doesn't complain; at least, it's never had a problem attempting to
write a 1.1Gb image file (when I wasn't watching how full my staging area

cdrecord complains, but I'm pretty sure that's only for CD drives.  UTSL.