Subject: Re: 4-port TULIP card only 1/4 working
To: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/26/1999 11:59:39
Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu> writes:

> I've got an i386 running -current from Dec. 1, and it has two 4-port
> TULIP cards in it.  Each card works on the first port, and none of the
> others.  The two "first ports," de0 and de4, are using different
> IRQ's, and each one shares its IRQ with another (non-working) de?
> device.  When I try to ifconfig any of the other six ports, the
> machine hangs solid:  Doesn't respond to any keyboard interrupts,
> including caps lock, etc.

Was the card only recently added?

Were those interrupts it is using in use by other pci devices before?

Here's my multiport TULIP card.  Note I had to go into the BIOS and
tell it all the IRQs that were in use by ISA devices after I added a
PCI sound card.  Man, I hope we get away from ISA soon.

ppb0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0: Digital Equipment DECchip 21052 PCI-PCI Bridge (rev. 0x01)
pci1 at ppb0 bus 1
pci1: i/o enabled, memory enabled
de0 at pci1 dev 4 function 0
de0: interrupting at irq 12