Subject: Re: Compact FLASH, NetBSD-current, PCMCIA
To: msaitoh <msaitoh@spa.is.uec.ac.jp>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 01/25/1999 20:27:49
On Mon, Jan 25, 1999 at 10:20:10AM +0900, msaitoh wrote:
>  > I was trying to get Compact FLASH cards working on my ThinkPad 310 again.
>  > The system complains that the card never becomes ready.

> Current i82365.c doesn't check card's VCC, VPP, and device speed.
> I suspect this is the reason for that problem...
>
> 	http://www.cirrus.com/products/categories/pccard.html

Hmm.  The pd6729db.pdf document, page 40, says about the Ready/Busy flag
(bit 5 in Interface Status register): "..this status bit is only defined
for Memory Card Interface and is not valid in I/O Card Interface mode".
Should the code be polling this bit at all, if this is the case?

Also, bit 6 of the same register "indicates whether power to the card is
on".  This bit appears to be 0 on my system with a Compact FLASH card
inserted.  Odd..

Well, I'll try to find the time to play with this a bit.. can't be a big
problem if someone just finds what it is.

Thanks for the datasheet pointers.  I searched the intel web site for
hours, but couldn't find anything useful.

  -jm