Subject: Re: Compact FLASH, NetBSD-current, PCMCIA
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/25/1999 12:49:49
>I was trying to get Compact FLASH cards working on my ThinkPad 310 again.

That would be nice to see..

>The system complains that the card never becomes ready.

FWIW, this sounds a bit like the problem I had with my Toshiba
notebook - some years ago now - when getting the 3Com ethernet
card to work with the original pcmcia code.

It appeared that the pcmcia controller (or was it the card at fault
I don't recall), was not happy that the card was ready.

After much tracing etc, I punted and commented out that check - on
the basis that it was too strict.  The card came up and worked fine!

Note - I know zip about pcmcia - I've just had a lot of practice
at debugging other peoples programs :-)

--sjg