Subject: Question on remote boot
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Kim Ludwig <ludwig@lerc.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/1999 08:54:30
Hi all,

I'm trying to remote boot a NetBSD-1.2.1 machine from one running 1.3.3 (on
an IBM ThinkPad 760XD). The 1.2.1 box is able to tftp it's kernel but I am
unable to rlogin into it, messages viewed on tcpdump say there is an nfs
error. Is there some incompatibility between the two versions regarding
nfs? If anyone could give me some advice as to what I may have overlooked
or configured wrong it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kim

* Kim Ludwig                * SAMS-II Project                     *
* Dynacs Engineering     * NASA Lewis Research Center *
* phone (216)9771134 * email: ludwig@lerc.nasa.gov  *
* Logic just an organized way of going wrong with         *
* confidence. -- unknown                                           *