Subject: ENOUGH ALREADY! [was Re: HEADS UP: nsswitch ...]
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/20/1999 00:33:32
this is a polite request to people to give up on arguing about this.

the effective functionality of pre-nsswitch has been provided in the
situation where a user doesn't have /etc/nsswitch.conf, without
compromising my ideals about retaining a `clean/generic'
nsdispatch(3).

it's quite obvious that people have different requirements about what
the order of lookups should be that not providing user configurability
would be stupid. nsswitch has that, and now that the default is what
things used to be, we can go back to our regular program of flaming
about the install system, CODA, or whatever else takes your fancy.

luke.

[sick of being this weeks netbsd.flame target test bunny; especially
 in the situation where certain people misread and misinterpret what
 was written and flame based on those misinterpretations...]