Subject: Upgraded to XFree86 3.3.3 -- which mouse for Sony VAIO PCG-505G?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David W Talmage <talmage@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/1999 17:31:21
I have a similar problem to Ken Nakata's on his 3010 but I'm using wscons
instead of pcvt.  My kernel is from 1.3H.  X comes up but the pointer is jumpy
and fvwm menus pop up an close even though I'm not touching the mouse butons.

I've tried both the "BusMouse" and "PS/2" protocols in the configuration file.
 X comes up with either one but the touchpad is too jumpy to be used.

My old XF86Config file has

		Protocol "WsMouse"

And the SVGA X server complains about it:

	Mouse type not supported by this OS

I'm using the wscons console driver.  The XFree86 README for NetBSD says that I can use wscons in the pcvt compatibility mode.  I have that turned on in the kernel.  I also have

	psm*		at pckbc?	# PS/2 mouse for wsmouse
	wsmouse*	at psm?

Please send me a clue. :-)