Subject: Re Coda [Re: ENOUGH ALREADY! ]
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au>
From: Robert V. Baron <rvb@cs.cmu.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/1999 11:48:25
OK, lets go back to Coda for a bit.  It seems based on Chris's survey
that we want to leave Coda around in some form.  I'll reconsider
making Coda only an lkm when that technology matures, but not right
now.  (NOTE: right now Coda is sys/lkm/vfs.)

So the question is what to do with the app (client/server) layer.
Coda is already a package in the pkgsrc tree.  I'd like to leave
coda_server/coda_client as the old pre GPL version.  This way folk
from the BSD communities can work on it if that makes sense.  I'd
also like to introduce the GPL'd Coda 5.0 version under package
names coda5_server/coda5_client.  I'll probably commit this at
the end of the week if there are no major issues.

I'm not sure what to do about shadow integration of the Coda
sources.  Is this still an interesting/valuable option?