Subject: Re: AMD on -current
To: Brian C. Grayson <bgrayson@marvin.ece.utexas.edu>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 01/18/1999 09:54:37
On Jan 16, Brian C. Grayson wrote
>   Same here (nfs3 over udp).  For us, it broke several months
> ago (I posted to current-users at the time with more details --
> it was version 6.0a16 that didn't work).  I still had an old
> 6.0a13 binary around, and that works fine.  (If you need a
> working binary for i386, mail me privately.)
>
>   No one seemed very concerned last time around, unfortunately!
> And I didn't have the knowledge or time to figure out the
> problem.  :(  Any AMD/NFSv3 gurus out there with some time on
> their hands?  If not, someone ought to send-pr it, if it hasn't
> been already....

Well, I don't know if I use NFSv3 or NFSv2, but AMD works fine
for me between a sparc and a i386, both running -current (as of a week
ago or so). I just use the defaults settings in rc.conf and amd.liste
(e.g. somethings like '-opts:=rw,hard,intr'). I though v3 was the default
now. Did I miss something ?