Subject: Re: What tools for serial console ?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 01/13/1999 10:44:59
On Wed 13 Jan 1999, Simon Burge wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jan 1999 21:45:25 +0100  Leo Weppelman wrote:
>
> > At work I use Seyon for this purpose. I don't know offhand if there is
> > a package for it [ since 'pkg_info -a | grep -i seyon' did not show anything
> > I suspect I compiled it myself ]
>
> Is this anything like rtty, which is a package?  We don't use rtty here,
> but we have tested it and if I were starting over it'd be my choice.
> >From cat ~ftp/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/sysutils/rtty/pkg/DESCR:
[ ... ]

>From seyon README:
   Seyon is a complete full-featured modem communications package for the
   X Window System. Some of its features are: - dialing directory - terminal
   emulation (DEC VT02, Tektronix 4014 and ANSI) - script language - Zmodem

I use it for test work on the 2 Solaris boxes (and formerly an UPS) under
my desk. I basically choose seyon because it allowed logging and because
it shows most of the modem-control lines (very handy when testing UPS
software ;-)

I am not interested in multiple sessions per console and such... This is
a non issue in my case.

Leo.