Subject: Re: building a userland interface to a kernel structure
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Brian C. Grayson <bgrayson@marvin.ece.utexas.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/13/1999 01:22:37
On Tue, Jan 12, 1999 at 06:07:26PM -0800, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	Would it be worth adding this somewhere as a sample piece of
> 	code people could reference?

  When I was working on adding DiskMeter support to
/usr/pkgsrc/sysutils/xosview (another piece of code people
could look at for kernel munging examples, good or bad :) ), I
looked at the code for vmstat to see how it did disk stats.

  If we have kernel-munging code in the tree that is
well-written :), and that will definitely do kernel munging for
the near future (I don't know if vmstat fits both of these), that
might be better than adding the sample code???

  Brian