Subject: Re: /etc/rc out of order
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Paul Boven <paul@wit399401.student.utwente.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 01/09/1999 10:56:54
Hi everyone,

> > > Because when you try it before networking starts, you'll see
> > >     NFS Portmap: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable to send
> > > on the console and the boot will hang.

> > Yup, that's certainly the situation my poor little diskless SLC gets
> > itself into now :-(

> Is your /etc/rc up to date? It should be running /etc/netstart
> before it mounts the critical filesystems.

Yes, it is up to date, just ftp-ed the latest current etc-src and installed
it, still the same symptoms.
I've added some extra diagnostic echo statements, and the boot hangs at the
point where / gets remounted to make it r/w. That happens way before the
network has been started.
Does this mean that current right now is broken for diskless use, or am
I doing something completely wrong here?

Regards, happy hacking, Paul.
Paul Boven, <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>  PE1NUT  QRV 145.575 JO32KF
"I got the feeling that the person that wrote it acutally liked Linux.
			But maybe I'm on drugs"
 Linus Torvalds, about a leaked M$ memo on plans to undermine Linux.
~