Subject: Re: /etc/rc out of order
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Paul Boven <paul@wit399401.student.utwente.nl>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/1999 23:20:12
Hi everyone,

> > Why depend on the type of filesystem? Why can't we try it before and
> > do it again later with an option specifying "skip already mounted ones"?
>
> Because when you try it before networking starts, you'll see
>
>     NFS Portmap: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable to send
>
> on the console and the boot will hang.

Yup, that's certainly the situation my poor little diskless SLC gets
itself into now :-(
What's the reccomended way to get this machine to netboot past this
point?

Regards, Paul.

(P.s. apologies for the Linux .sig :-)
Paul Boven, <e.p.boven@student.utwente.nl>  PE1NUT  QRV 145.575 JO32KF
"I got the feeling that the person that wrote it acutally liked Linux.
			But maybe I'm on drugs"
 Linus Torvalds, about a leaked M$ memo on plans to undermine Linux.
~