Subject: Re: /etc/rc out of order
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: Brian D Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/07/1999 14:35:18
On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Ted Lemon wrote:

> I think that it would be better to just mount /usr before starting the
> network, by default.  The only case where this is not appropriate is
> when running diskless clients, in which case pppd is not likely to be
> in use.

Ohhhh, I don't know about that.  For the longest time now the only way to
run NetBSD on the VAXstation 3100 series of systems has been by netbooting
them.  Anyone who wanted to run NetBSD+pppd on those systems would have to
do it with a diskless setup.  Yes, the situation is not the most common,
but I don't think it should be disregarded entirely.

-brian.
---