Subject: Re: aix7xxx -- A Suggestion!
To: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 01/04/1999 15:25:30
On Jan 2, Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no wrote
> Hi,
>
> although I am not a member of core, I'll speak up anyway.  I can
> sympathize with those who think there should be some form of buy-in,
> at least to the general direction of importing CAM to NetBSD.  I,
> for one, would like to see it happen, for at least a couple of
> different reasons:
>
>  o Support for newer HBAs (e.g. the newer aic7xxx chips which
>    started this particular discussion)

I'm not sure CAM is needed for this. We just need something that
provides the same services than CAM. Maybe the best way to achieve this
is really to adapt CAM to NetBSD. Maybe we just don't want this.
We still need a discution about this.

>  o Better code sharing with FreeBSD, the hope being that
>    development resources can be more efficiently used

This would be nice, for sure ...

>  o Better error recovery in SCSI (from what I understand)

Can be achieved in other ways.