Subject: Re: README: minor tetris(6) enhancement
To: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: Paul Wain <paul.wain@nc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/03/1999 01:26:02
(If we are really going to get picky about which set of Tetris rules we are
playing...)

Given that we want to follow "internet standards"... the version Im thinking of does
have a keypress toggle to change preview on/off, but doesnt penalize points wise [1]

I dont think the arcade machine, however, had an option - you had piece preview even
in multi-player mode. That and the stupid histogram thing that apparently vindicated
its random number generator...

P.

David Brownlee wrote:

>         I've played another version of tetris where the next-block
>         display was toggled with a key, and having it enabled reduced the
>         scoring slightly.
>
>         Possibly more work than you wanted, but not that much more, and
>         it does seem to cover all the bases :)
>
>                 David/absolute
>
>                   -=- Why _do_ we crucify ourselves?  -=-

[1] Yes I hid the footnote down here... MickySoft Windows Entertainment Pack, an add
on to get 5 card games and Tetris (tm) at $40 that you really wouldnt pay $10 for :)

| Paul Wain                         || Tel: +1 650 631 GOAT (4628)     |
| Network Computer Inc.             || Web: http://www.nc.com/         |
| Redwood Shores, CA 94040          ||                                 |