Subject: pciide problems...?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 12/31/1998 12:39:58
Hi, all.

I just built a new kernel, and I've switched over to using PCI-IDE. On bootup,
I see some problems, and I'm curious about them. I don't see any such problems
using the ISA-IDE code.

I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to explain the following errors to me:

wd0d:  aborted command, bad block detected reading fsbn 0 (wd0 bn 0; cn 0 tn 0 sn 0), retrying
wd0: transfert error, downgrading to DMA mode 2
wd0(pciide0:0:0): using PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2 (using DMA data transfers)
wd0d:  aborted command, bad block detected reading fsbn 0 (wd0 bn 0; cn 0 tn 0 sn 0), retrying
wd0: soft error (corrected)
wd0: no disk label
wd1d:  aborted command, bad block detected reading fsbn 0 (wd1 bn 0; cn 0 tn 0 sn 0), retrying
wd1: transfert error, downgrading to DMA mode 2
wd1(pciide0:1:0): using PIO mode 4, DMA mode 2 (using DMA data transfers)
wd1d:  aborted command, bad block detected reading fsbn 0 (wd1 bn 0; cn 0 tn 0 sn 0), retrying
wd1: soft error (corrected)

Thanks in advance!

--
Mason Loring Bliss..mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us..acheron.ddns.org/mason/
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments