Subject: Re: Bus-Master DMA error: missing interrupt
To: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 12/29/1998 21:54:09
On Dec 28, Christoph Badura wrote
> I've seen that too with the sd driver on the raw partition.  It doesn't check
> bounds and you can't easily copy the last block (whatever bs is set to with dd).
>
> One of my IDE disks goes out to a long long lunch when I try the same on it.

Bounds are not checked on IDE disks for the raw partition neither.
IDE disks vendors have various way to handle this. I have one IDE disk which
doesn't generate an IRQ when an out of range request is sent ... that should
be the problem you have too ( no irq -> timeout after 10s -> retry -> ...
(retry 5 times)).