Subject: Re: kernel profiling and web site additions.
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/26/1998 11:20:51
Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com> writes:
> Indulge me for a moment -- recall this conversation of a couple weeks ago:
[...]
> Okay, we have two offers to HTML-ize raw material for the NetBSD web page.
> Cool. But...
>
> Is this only open to readers of the mailing lists, or can we leverage the
> web page itself?  If people send raw text to webmaster@netbsd.org, would it
> be routed to Erik & Ken ??

No.

On the other hand, you have their email addresses.

> I think we should have a "How to Contribute to NetBSD" page visible on the
> front page of the web site.

"How to contribute" is generally trivial. If you have anything you
want to contribute, either get in touch with someone with commit
access who'll work with you and put it in the tree, or, in any case,
"just do it" and then send-pr it so it doesn't get lost. If you start
contributing so much good stuff that it is too much of a pain to deal
with you any more, you usually get CVS commit access at that point.

Perry