Subject: Re: pci modem
To: Tom Javen <tomja@InnoTrac.fi>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/23/1998 00:47:49
Tom Javen <tomja@InnoTrac.fi> writes:
>     Base address register at 0x10
>       type: 32-bit noncacheable memory
>       base: 0xe5800000, size: 0x00010000
>     Base address register at 0x14
>       not implemented(?)
>     Base address register at 0x18
>       not implemented(?)
>     Base address register at 0x1c
>       not implemented(?)
>     Base address register at 0x20
>       not implemented(?)
>     Base address register at 0x24
>       not implemented(?)

A 64k memory region, and no I/O region whatsoever?  This device is
almost certainly not intended to be 'com'-compatible, since in the
Windows world, all 'com' ports are at least I/O mapped.  (they might
have memory regions as well, e.g. Hayes ESP, but there's always the
normal 8250/16x50 register set which is I/O mapped.)

i'd be that that 64k region is a memory region shared with a DSP.

Sorry.

cgd