Subject: Re: FlashPath support?
To: Robert V. Baron <rvb@cs.cmu.edu>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/23/1998 00:10:15
On Tue, Dec 22, 1998 at 03:50:40PM -0500, Robert V. Baron wrote:
> Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com> writes:
>
> > I looked at the Agfa with the huge CCD, myself, but it has no optical
> > viewfinder and I can't *stand* to compose on an LCD... cameras like that
> > really suck batteries, too, since the LCD is on all the time.
> They all suck batteries.  The answer is to use NiMH rechargeable AA's.

I know that.  I have quite a few NiHM AA's that I use for other purposes.
The issue is that cameras without an optical viewfinder suck batteries
*even more* -- and that an LCD viewfinder is pretty much a waste anyway.

You know what I really want?  A Contax G with a good CCD in it.  It'd be
*so* easy for them to build, and it would kick ass on every other digital
camera out there... which is why they'll never do it. :-)

(if you can't find a picture of one on the web, the G/G2 are tiny little
 35mm rangefinder cameras with *interchangeable lenses* -- they're about
 twice the size of a Minox...)

	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"