Subject: Current PMAX 5000/200 SCSI oddity
To: None <port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas Priebe <Andreas.Priebe@promos-consult.de>
List: current-users
Date: 12/21/1998 21:34:58
Hi all,

I'm currently not near my good old DecStation 5000/200, so this is
partly from my written notices or from (yesterday) memory:

I know this is a real old story, which I hoped is resolved now -
especially after reading the relaese notes of current 1.3.x releases.
So I went along and built a kernel from current as of 19.12.

But alas...

Already during boot it gave me lots of the wellknown

  asc_get_status cmdreg 11 fifo count 6 (or 7 or 3)
or
  rz0 Illegal request
  rz1 Illegal request
or
  SENSE

and dumped so much core files that I changed back imediately to my
(relatively) stable kernel from -current as of March 98.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong ... ???

Greetings

Andreas
* Andreas Priebe                E-Mail:   Andreas.Priebe@promos-consult.de *
* Promos consult GmbH & Co KG   Tel/FAX:             030 243 227 -13 / -29 *