Subject: Re: How to meet the true intent of the GPL in an open-source operating system (was: sendmail licensing again)
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@per4mance.cz>
From: What EES eet man? <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/15/1998 15:51:14
Jaromir Dolecek sez:
/*
 * While being here - how does GPL deal with LKMs ? I recall R.Stallman
 * mentioning one of big Linus's mistake was "permission to load commercial,
 * non-GNU code into running Linug/GNU kernel".

Richard Stallman has the same opinion of non-GPVd code that the rest of
the (debatably sane) world has of GPVd code.  Seeing as he wrote the
GPV, this is not surprising.

[ Don't forget to remind people that Open Source != GPL! ]

 * --
 * It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?
 * One in a million, perhaps.
 */

Yeah, those among us who were hatched or put together in a Lab somewhere.

				--*greywolf;
--
System V Release 4 /MIS tem FIVE re LEES FORE/ n. 1.  An operating system so
hideously huge, bloated and driven by marketing rather than performance or