Subject: Re: Interface detach branch available
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: current-users
Date: 12/15/1998 00:19:34
>> Comments welcome.  If people could try this out _before_ the 1.4 release
>> branch gets cut, it would be really great, as real hot-swappable PCMCIA
>> device support would be a wonderful addition to 1.4.  Enjoy!
>
>How do the kernel alloc/free functions defend against memory fragmentation?

Um, good question.  And one that I don't really know the answer to.

The amount of memory being allocated really isn't that much (since
pointers to the ifnet structure are being passed around, not a copy
of it itself).  So even if there is fragmentation, I don't think there
will be much.

Does that answer your question?

--Ken