Subject: Re: sendmail licensing again
To: None <seebs@plethora.net,>
From: Computo Ergo Checksum <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/1998 11:17:08
If we're casting votes, here [actually it looks like more of a spitting
contest than anything], I'll say NO to the GPL.  I don't know that I'll
ever distribute a proprietary system, but the _option_ to do so is nice.
If we go GPL, we might as well go shake hands with FreeBSD and do a full-
scale integration (this said with NO slight intended toward the FreeBSD
folks -- I understand one of the split-off reasons was due to the inability
to agree on GPL/non-GPL code bases).

Can we put the spittoon away now, or shall we empty it and keep going?

				--*greywolf;
--
System V Release 4 /MIS tem FIVE re LEES FORE/ n. 1.  An operating system so
hideously huge, bloated and driven by marketing rather than performance or