Subject: Re: AVA 1502 support (i386)
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/1998 13:50:18
On Fri, Dec 11, 1998 at 09:45:03AM -0500, der Mouse wrote:

> The CDB 0x2a 00 00 69 05 7e 00 00 01 00 is a 10-byte write operation,
> attempting to write 0x0001 sectors at address 0x69057e (6882686
> decimal).  This is at approximately the 3.28G point from the beginning
> of the disk.  Since you say the drive is "a two gig Quantum Fireball",
> this is almost certainly just due to a partition table that places that
> partition off the end of the disk.

Hm... I could have sworn I had specified everything properly using the
cylander count I got from the startup message. I expect that I swapped
cylanders for sectors, or vice versa. Doh!

Thanks for the help.

--
Mason Loring Bliss..mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...acheron.ddns.org/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments